This policy explains the information we collect when you visit one of our websites, or when you use our Service, how it is collection, the reason and what it is used for. It also explains the specific ways we use and disclose that information.
If and when we ask you for information, we will never;
- ask for your personal information unless we really need it
- share your personal information unless it is in compliance with the law, protect our rights or, in some instances, develop our Services
- store your personal information unless required to fulfil our obligations in providing our Services
- sell any of your information.
Age Gate (or the “Service”) is both a plugin for WordPress and a website. Its purpose is to enable web developers and site owners to add age restrictions to their website. Age Gate is owned and operated by Asylum Digital Ltd (“we” or “us”). As a user of the Service or a representative of one, you are a “User” (or “you”) according to this document.
Information we collect
We collect information in a variety of ways but only if there is a reason to do so, e.g. to provide a Service, communicate with you or to improve our services.
Collection of information comes in two forms; if and when you provide information via a purchase or in support forums and automatically when registering or activating a product.
Information you supply us
We collect information that you provide to us. The amount and type of information depends on the context and how we use the information. For example, you;
- Basic Account Information: We ask for basic information from you in order to set up your account.
- Public Profile Information: If you have an account with us, we collect the information that you provide for your public profile.
- Public Content Information: If you post on our community forum, we collect the information you submit (as a topic, reply or upload).
- Transaction and Billing Information: If you buy something from us, you will provide additional personal and payment information that is required to process the transaction and your payment, such as your name, credit card information, and contact information.
- may provide us information when you contact us, communicate with our support team, or post a comment on our Website.
Information we collect automatically
We will collection certain information automatically to help improve our Services, these include:
- Usage Information: We collect information about your usage of our Services. For example, we collect information to provide plugin updates. We use this information to provide our Services to you, as well as get insights on how people use our Services, so we can make improvements and understand our Customers.
- License Activation Information: When you enter and activate a license within your WordPress website, we collect information to authenticate and provide software updates for that website. This information includes the license key, Software version, WordPress version, website name, website URL, website language and timezone.
- Webserver logs: As with most web vendors, we will collect information that servers and browsers make available to us, such as the browser type (e.g. Chrome, Firefox etc), language, how you reached our Website and when that request was made.